Wednesday 8 August 2018

Digital Fluency Intensive Week 3

DFI DAY THREE TEACHING AS INQUIRY REFLECTION

What I learnt that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy:
"Creativity is as natural and necessary for children as fresh air and sunshine!" - Kohl, 2008.
The learning today related to the use of different media to stimulate creativity - for myself, for my planning and for my students. Planning for opportunities to enable creativity is vital.
The examples that the facilitators shared helped me to see that creativity can take many forms within a digital world. Even for students that are not competent users of the google apps they are currently using, can create models and scenes that could be used to express and communicate ideas, thinking, stories, retells...
Working collaboratively with others would further strengthen this and open up more opportunities for ensuring all students have access to these learning opportunities.

Drawings


What I learnt:

  • Using slides to create animations
  • Using slides to create little movie clips by publishing to the web
  • Creating quest type tasks, or contract tasks, with hyperlinks to follow up tasks on different slides to add choice
  • About Audio Player for Slides - something to investigate...


What I did: 

I created a short pirate ship story animation, which Michael helped me to save by publishing on the web. I then added the link for this to a slide to use with groups of students to encourage storytelling. They could discuss in groups, add captions, tell their own story, create their own animated short story to share…




Drawings


What I learnt:

How to use different aspects within drawings to insert and colour shapes and callouts;  add gifs and images from the web; how to use my computer camera to take a photo and insert that.



What I did/ aim to do:

During the “sandpit” time I created a drawing of myself as a pirate as a trial that I could share with students to model a drawing activity they could learn with. 





4 comments:

  1. Wow! So cool Joanne! Loved the animation and love the detailed information about DFI on your blog. Nga mihi Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the detail in your blog. What a fabulous resource to refer to. You obviously had lots of fun today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the creative evidence of today's learning. I've made a pirate ship story animation as well . . . not quite finished! You bet me to it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog Joanne! I love the way you separate the learning from the task in your write up. You are a master of the "insert" feature in your blog...I am envious and inspired. Your drawing is so very suitable for your class to aspire to too. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete