Wednesday 1 August 2018

Digital Fluency Intensive Week 2

DFI Day Two Teaching as Inquiry Reflection

Bookmarking and other useful tricks
What I learnt:
How to create folders within my bookmark bar to organise all my bookmarked sites.
How to use the AddOn “One Tab” to collapse all tabs into one. Another add-on called “Toby for Chrome” can be used to open up groups of tabs.
The notion of creating a site as a “landing page” for students in the school/ class to arrive at when they log in. This could then have direct links to relevant apps and sites.

What I will aim to do:
Finish spring cleaning my very cluttered bookmark, by sorting the websites into folders.
Investigate possible landing page for Kea class.

Gmail
What I learnt:
About how to use labels better. How to colour code them, and set up filters on them. I haven’t conquered how to do this competently as yet, so need to spend more time practicing with the function.

What I did/ aim to do:
Continue with labelling e-mails as they arrive.
Develop a system for sub-levels for students emails within class label.
Practice how to set up new filters by pasting e-mail addresses.


Calendar
What I learnt:
How to add events, and then invite others - or share with others.
Made a start on this.

What I aim to do:
Need to practice.

Also need to add in other calendar links. Check with school, RE ones...

Hangouts
What I learnt:
How to create a Hangout with others. Completed a Hangout with Gerlinde and Sally. Gerlinde used Screencastify to record our Hangout.

What I aim to do:
Create a Hangout and invite Kerry, Dorothy and/ or Donna to join.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Joanne, thanks for sharing your take outs from this day and highlighting the aspects that you found the most useful for your own work flow. Did you get a copy of your hangout to share?

    ReplyDelete