Thursday 15 August 2019

MIT Session 3 at Auckland - 12th August

It was great to get together with the team at KPMG again… our first gathering since the Sydney Summit. This time there was an opportunity for us all to share the progress we were making with our tool development. Everyone presented their tool in its current stage of development, and discussed how it was being used with students. It was valuable to hear everyone’s stories - including the things that are working well for them, and students, as well as the challenges. The change for collaborative critical inquiry into both the tool, and our development process for me is invaluable. The opportunity to be involved in a professional learning community that extends beyond my own school provides a greater scope for challenge with regards to how I might change my practice to improve outcomes for my students. During this gathering, we acknowledged that the time away in Sydney together has strengthened our relationships with one another. I feel this has helped to nurture a high trust between one another, which was present in open and honest discussions about both our tools and the next steps in our development journey. We were more prepared to challenge and stretch our thinking about what changes need to be made.
I shared my first SOLO poster and analysis tools to our MIT session in Auckland to share with the rest of the MIT team. It was good to get initial positive feedback about the concept and the tool - especially as a way of adding to the stories we can tell about student progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment